Embrace the future of cycling with eBikes Africa, where adventure meets sustainability!
- about us
- questions answered
- you need to know
Experience the thrill of electric biking with eBikes Africa. Unleash the power, explore the beauty, and embrace sustainable transportation. Contact us for any further inquiries.
The legality of eBikes varies depending on the jurisdiction. In Kenya you do not need a permit or license to ride an eBike.
Our eBikes reach a top speed of 45km/h but can even surpass that with a more experienced cyclist.
Yes, Our eBikes are designed to be accessible to a wide range of ages and fitness levels. The electric assist feature makes it easier to ride for those who may have physical limitations or haven’t been active in a while. However, it’s always advisable to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new physical activity.
Yes, you can still ride our eBike even if the battery runs out. However, without electric assistance, it will function like a regular bicycle, requiring you to pedal without the extra boost from the motor.
eBike maintenance is similar to that of traditional bicycles, with some additional considerations for the electric components. Regular maintenance tasks include keeping the tires properly inflated, checking and lubricating the chain, and ensuring the brakes are functioning correctly. It’s also important to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for battery maintenance and charging.
An eBike, or electric bike, is a bicycle that is equipped with an electric motor to provide assistance to the rider. It combines the benefits of traditional cycling with the convenience of electric power.
eBikes utilize a combination of pedaling power from the rider and assistance from an electric motor. When you pedal, the motor kicks in to amplify your pedaling effort, providing a boost to your speed and making it easier to ride uphill or against strong headwinds. The eBikes Africa bike also give the option of using a throttle – this works like a normal bodaboda.
- eBikes offer several advantages, such as:
- Extended range and reduced fatigue: The electric motor assists your pedaling, making longer commutes or rides more manageable.
- Health and fitness: While you can still pedal for exercise, the motor helps alleviate some physical strain, encouraging more people to cycle.
- Environmentally friendly: eBikes produce zero emissions, reducing your carbon footprint compared to traditional vehicles.
- Cost-effective: eBikes are often cheaper to purchase and maintain than cars or motorcycles, offering significant savings in the long run.
- The range of our eBike depends on various factors, including the battery capacity, terrain, rider weight, and level of assistance used. Typically, most eBikes offer a range of 40-80 kilometers on a single charge.
Yes, you can ride our eBike without pedaling by using the throttle-only mode, which activates the motor without any pedaling effort.